FBA Expected Student Outcomes
At First Baptist Academy, our goal is to equip students to become:
PASSIONATE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST who
- exhibit a personal, growing relationship with Christ, fellowshipping and serving with other Christians in an evangelical church.
- profess that God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe and His Word (the Bible) is the inerrant, infallible word of God.
- apply biblical principles to their daily lives through the counsel of the Holy Spirit, handling adversity and difficult circumstances by drawing on His power.
DISCERNING THINKERS who
- possess a Christian worldview, defend that worldview and articulate differences with other worldviews.
- apply a biblical evaluation to each academic discipline, various forms of literature, and all aspects of daily life.
- exhibit independent and cooperative work habits and skills.
- apply creative and critical thinking skills to each academic discipline, demonstrating academic competence for all levels of academic pursuits.
FAITHFUL CARETAKERS who
- exhibit Christ-like character traits in personal relationships, service to others and personal integrity.
- identify his/her body as the temple of God, protecting mind and body.
- select godly friends and accept godly counsel from God’s Word as the means of growing in wisdom.
- show respect for all life and cultural differences.
GOOD CITIZENS who
- exhibit love and support for our great country, appreciating our Christian and American heritage.
- readily accept positions of leadership and influence.
- evidence respect and reverence to God and all authority.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS who
- create quality informative and persuasive writings, both formal and informal.
- speak with confidence and clarity before both large and small groups.
- defend their faith in all settings and witness to the lost through evangelism and apologetic training.
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18